Lots of people lose their homes in cities like Cliffside Park and Teaneck in Bergen County or in JC Bergen Lafayette and Secaucus in Hudson County due to foreclosure every year. If you too are experiencing difficulties in paying the mortgage on your house that you have bought via homes for sale in Bergen County NJ advert, you may feel running out of options at this point of time. But remember that there’s always scope for the last try if you want to work. Here’re some useful ways that you can try to avoid foreclosure.
- Consider hard money loans: You may be wondering why people would be interested in lending you money, especially when you’re facing a potential foreclosure. To answer, hard money lenders are usually wealthy private individuals who lend money and look for more-than-average ROI. When you’re facing foreclosure, you would most likely agree to almost everything to get yourself out of the situation like agreeing to pay two to three times interest than the normal rate. But remember that it’s only a temporary solution. Thus, once you can manage a conventional mortgage again, go for it.
- Ask for time: It’s one of the most convenient ways to avoid foreclosure for your home bought from amongst houses for sale in New Jersey. Lenders may give you some time before taking any legal action and allow you to work out an alternate repayment plan that you can afford.
- Consider seeking government help: The programs offered by the USA Government can help you out if you’re about to face foreclosure for your home purchased through New Jersey houses for sale advert. The major ones are:
- HAMP: HAMP or Home Affordable Modification Program is meant for homeowners going through financial crisis and who may lose their houses to foreclosure. Under this, you’ll be able to get your loan terms modified and lower your monthly mortgage payments.
- HARP: HARP or Home Affordable Refinance Program helps homeowners who’re expecting to face difficulties in paying their mortgages sometime soon and whose loans are controlled or owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Under this, you’ll be able to refinance your mortgages to a low-interest, fixed-rate loan.
- Sell your home: If the above options don’t help you out, you’re most likely to lose your house anyway. Then you shouldn’t wait for the lender to move first. Instead, try to sell it yourself especially if the value of your home has appreciated. And you may find a cash property buyer in Bergen County or Hudson County very soon.
Finally, always remember that despite all of your available honest means to avoid foreclosure, many foreclosure scam artists are there who may contact you with various attractive options like fake bailouts, equity skimming etc. Taking their help would make matters even worse and lead you nowhere.